Table of contentsNo headers
In this section, you create the ejector pins to eject the plastic part. In a typical mold, the section attached to the fixed side of the press is referred to as the A side. The section attached to the moving side of the press is referred to as the B side.
Ejectors are pins or sleeves that push the plastic part out of the mold. Ejector pins are made of steel and are normally located on the B side of the mold. When the ejection system is activated, the pin pushes the plastic part or runner system out of the mold.
- On the ribbon, click . > >
- Modify the 3 mm. parameter value to
- Modify the 160 mm. parameter value to
- Create six points in approximately the same locations as the points highlighted in the following image.
- Select the arrows in the bottom right-hand corner of the dialog box to expand and view the list of ejectors. Edit the and coordinates as shown in the following table.
| EP1|| 14 mm||48 mm|
| EP2||-14 mm||48 mm|
| EP3||17 mm||-7 mm|
| EP4||-17 mm||-7 mm|
| EP5||15 mm||-48 mm|
| EP6||-15 mm||-48 mm|
- On the dialog box, select the tab.
- Change the clearance values for the ejector pins by entering the following values:
- CH = 7.0 mm
- CEP = 3.6 mm
- CB = 3.4 mm
- On the dialog box, click
- Click OK in the File Naming dialog box to accept the defaults and create the ejector pins.
- From the dialog box, select the tab and click .
- Select the end point of the runner sketch, as shown in the following image.
- Click on the dialog box.
- Click OK on the file naming dialog box to create the ejector pin and close the dialog box.
Previous | Next