Table of contentsNo headers
Autodesk shared libraries for Materials and Appearances replaces Inventor Material and Color Styles, for a more consistent design and viewing experience.
The installed libraries include:
- Autodesk Inventor Material Library A consolidated subset of the Autodesk Material Library with a focus on manufacturing related materials.
- Autodesk Material Library A compliment of materials and appearances accessed by multiple products and suites. Materials or Appearances selected from this library have the same appearance and material properties, whether viewed in Inventor or Revit.
- Autodesk Appearance Library A compliment of appearances accessed by multiple products and suites.
Using the library browsers, you can:
- Search for specific materials or appearances by name.
- Add materials or appearances to the document.
- Access materials and appearances in other libraries.
- Create custom libraries to suit your manufacturing requirements.
- Access additional libraries, add categories, and manage custom libraries.
- Quickly add new materials or appearances.
The shared libraries are comprised of one or more assets, such as Physical Materials, Appearances, Thermal, and so on. Each product uses assets according to the product requirements.