Table of contentsNo headers
The Mirror command in the sketch environment creates a mirrored copy of a sketch across an axis. In the part and assembly environments, part features, assembly components, and entire assemblies can be mirrored across a plane.
Before making a mirror image of the sketch, turn off the visibility of the work plane. There are two ways to do it:
- Right-click any one of the four edges of the work plane and clear the check mark in theVisibility marking menu node.
- Or, right-click Work Plane1 in the Model browser and clear the Visibility check mark.
Your display screen should look like the following image.
NoteThe 60mm dimension has been moved and the angular dimension deleted in the image to provide clarity.
You are now ready to mirror your new sketch about the X axis of the part.
- Click Sketch Pattern Mirror on the ribbon. The Mirror dialog box appears with the Select button active. Now pick two diagonal points on the screen to enclose the sketch profile completely within the Mirror window.
- Move your cursor to the upper left and outside the sketch to pick the first point. Next, move your cursor in a diagonal direction to the lower right to pick the second point. As you move your cursor, the window graphically previews to help you determine the required extents of the Mirror window.
- Click the Mirror line button in the Mirror dialog box and select the X axis which you projected in a previous step.
- Click the Apply button in the Mirror dialog box to preview the results of the mirror operation.
- Click the Done button to mirror the sketch, close the Mirror dialog box, and exit the Mirror command.
- Click Sketch Exit Finish Sketch on the ribbon to finish the sketch and exit the sketch environment. You can also right-click in the graphics window and select Finish Sketch from the marking menu.
- The model rotates automatically into the Home view when you finish the sketch. If not, press function key F6 to rotate the view.
Previous | Next