Table of contentsNo headers
Explore construction techniques to create elements of your model.
|Time Required||90 minutes |
|Tutorial File Used||Start a new part file. |
In this tutorial, you build a clamp mounting base using sketch geometry and common construction techniques.
- Create a work plane that bisects the part to mirror symmetrical features.
- Create an offset work plane for a new sketch.
- Create a tangent work plane to locate a hole on a curved face.
- Complete the Sketch Constraints, Introduction to Direct Manipulation, and Parts 1 tutorials.
- Know how to set the active project and navigate model space with the various view tools. See the Help topic “Getting Started” for further information.
- Set these options in Application Options, Sketch tab:
- Apply driven dimension - Select
- Edit Dimension when created - Select
- Autoproject edges for sketch creation and edit - Select
- Autoproject part origin on sketch create - Select
- Grid lines – Clear
- Snap to grid – Clear
- Use Next or Previous at the bottom-left to advance to the next page or return to the previous one.