Table of contentsNo headers
Each drawing stores styles that control the default appearance of drawing annotations. The Drawing Styles.idw document includes styles corresponding to the ISO standard. The styles were copied to the document when it was created from the ISO template.
In addition to the local document styles, styles from the style library are available in the drawing. The style library can store all the styles your company uses. To reduce document size, there are more styles in the style library than in a drawing.
Review styles available in the Drawing Styles.idw document:
- Click .
The Style and Standard Editor dialog box displays. In the browser panel on the left, styles sorted by types are listed. In the right panel, details for an item selected in the browser panel are displayed.
- To review all available styles, select All Styles from the Filter list .
In the browser, the Standard list displays all standards available in the style library. The Default Standard (ISO) is marked bold to indicate the standard is currently active in the drawing.
The active standard defines a set of annotation styles used in the drawing. In addition, it contains settings for views, text, hatches, and object defaults.
- To create a custom Standard style, select Default Standard (ISO), and click New…
- In the New Local Style dialog box, in Name, enter Modified Standard (ISO), and click OK.
A new standard based on the Default Standard (ISO) is added to browser under the Standard node.
- To activate the custom standard, right-click the Modified Standard (ISO), and select Active.
- Click the Dimension node in the browser. Then review a list of available dimension styles in the Dimension Style panel.
- Location of styles stored in the drawing is Both, and location of styles stored in the style library is Library.
- Styles used in the drawing display Yes in the In Use column.
- The Changes column displays No for all styles.
- Select Local Styles from the Filter list. Then review dimension styles stored in the drawing file.
Previous | Next