Table of contentsNo headers
Add rules to models.
|Time Required||30 minutes |
|Tutorial File Used||Manifold_Block_no_rules.ipt |Note
Click and read the required Tutorial Files Installation Instructions athttp://www.autodesk.com/inventor-tutorial-data-sets
. Then download the tutorial data sets and the required Tutorial Files Installation Instructions, and install the datasets as instructed.
This tutorial expands upon the information presented in the iLogic Basics tutorial. iLogic helps you write rules that can drive the parameters, features, attributes, iProperties, and other elements in an Autodesk Inventor model. The rules are stored within the part or assembly document.
iLogic rules are written in a language that is a slightly modified version of Visual Basic .Net (VB.Net). The language is easy to learn, including the more advanced features that are also available.
In the following lessons, you add rules to a parametric part.
- Use the parameter interface
- Add a rule
- Write a rule
- Run a rule
- Edit a rule
- Use the Rule Browser to reorder rules
- Read data from an embedded spreadsheet
- Set feature and component activity
- Familiarity with Autodesk Inventor, and its basic part modeling functionality and concepts.
- Completion of the iLogic Basics tutorial.
- See the Help topic “Getting Started” for further information.
- Use Next or Previous at the bottom-left to advance to the next page or return to the previous one.