Table of contentsNo headers
Create and reuse iFeatures in part files.
|Time Required||30 minutes |
|Tutorial File Used||TSlot-begin.ipt |
Click and read the required Tutorial Files Installation Instructions athttp://www.autodesk.com/inventor-tutorial-data-sets
. Then download the tutorial data sets and the required Tutorial Files Installation Instructions, and install the datasets as instructed.
Save an existing feature to a catalog and make it a reusable, table-driven iFeature, and then reuse it in a part file.
iFeatures minimize mistakes and rework. You capture the correct information once and then reuse the known, correct feature set.
To start, you extract and save a T-slot feature to an iFeature catalog. You create an iFeature to utilize a table of parameters, which define sizes. Then, you open a table model file and add a T-slot of a specific size using the iFeature. The T-slot and table serve as a mounting for the cylinder clamp data set.
- Extract an existing feature and save it to an iFeature catalog.
- Create an iFeature to utilize a table of parameters.
- Add an iFeature to a part.
- Save resources through reuse with iFeatures.
- Complete the Parts 1 and Parts 2 tutorials.
- Understand the material covered in the Getting Started PDF and the Help topic “Getting Started.”
- Ensure that Autoproject edges for sketch creation and edit on the Sketch tab of the Application Options dialog box is not checked.
- Use Next or Previous at the bottom-left to advance to the next page or return to the previous one.