Table of contentsNo headers
Your view should appear oriented as shown in the following image. Use Orbit to adjust your view as required.
A tweak can be a straight move along a single direction axis, or it can be a combination of straight moves along the X, Y, and Z direction axes. Tweaks can optionally leave a visible “Trail”.
- On the ribbon, click , or right-click and select Tweak Components from the marking menu.
The Tweak Component dialog box displays. To create a tweak, you must define a direction, select components to move, and provide a distance. When the Tweak Component dialog box is first displayed, the Direction button is active.
- In the graphics window, move your cursor over various components (without clicking) within the assembly and notice the direction axis triad. Move your cursor over the face of the Cylinder Base as shown.
Notice that the Z axis points outwards (away from the face). The Y axis points upwards. The X axis points in what would be the positive horizontal direction.
- Click to select this direction orientation. Notice that the direction axis triad changes color after you select the face. Also, the Z axis button in the Transformations area of the Tweak Component dialog box is selected.
NoteThe direction axes depend upon the selected geometry. By selecting an angled edge of (any) component, you can manually explode using the selected edge as the Z axis of the direction triad. Notice how the X, Y and Z axes differ in the illustration based on the selection of: 1) face, 2) edge or 3) edge.
You will now move the purchased air cylinder upwards as your first tweak.
- Click the Y button in the Transformations area of the Tweak Component dialog box. Notice that the Y axis of the direction triad changes color in the graphics window.
By default, the Z axis is active, and you must move the cylinder upwards along the Y axis. Your first step is to change the transformation direction.
- Select the Cylinder Body subassembly in the Model browser. To do so, first click the + next to the Explosion1 node located directly under the top Cylinder Clamp node.
- Next, click the + to the left of the Cylinder Clamp.iam assembly node to see the components of the assembly.
- In the Model browser, move your cursor over the component name Cylinder Body Sub_Assy. Notice the red rectangle that highlights the text. When the text highlights, click to select the subassembly.
- Move your cursor over an empty space in the graphics window, then click and drag your cursor up (towards the top edge of the window).
- The selected subassembly moves along the selected Y direction axis while you are dragging.
- A graphical “trail” appears between the original position of the component and its current position.
- The transformation distance value in the Tweak Component dialog box also increments as you drag.
- Stop dragging (release the mouse button), and move your cursor over the transformation value field in the Tweak Component dialog box.
- Double-click on the field to edit the value. Type 100, and press the Enter key on your keyboard to move the subassembly precisely 100 mm along the Y axis from its original position.
- Click Clear in the Tweak Component dialog box.
The dialog box is then reset for a new tweak.
You will next move the clamp in the X direction.
Previous | Next