Table of contentsNo headers
Complete a skeleton assembly and author the assembly to use with iCopy.
|Time Required||45-60 minutes |
|Tutorial Files Used||Frame-start.iam, Target.iam, Skeleton-frame.ipt, Plate1.ipt |Note
Click and read the required Tutorial Files Installation Instructions athttp://www.autodesk.com/inventor-tutorial-data-sets
. Then download the tutorial data sets and the required Tutorial Files Installation Instructions, and install the datasets as instructed.
Learn how to
- Create a skeleton assembly
- Prepare an assembly for the iCopy Author
- Test the assembly
- Author an iCopy template
- Know how to navigate model space with the various view tools, and perform common modeling functions, such as sketching and selecting geometry.
- Have a basic understanding of adaptivity and how it affects parts and assemblies.
- Understand the basics of skeleton modeling.
- Review the iCopy Help Concept and familiarize yourself with iCopy terms.
iCopy combines skeletal modeling and adaptivity to allow the subassembly to change shape to fit its position in the model. The iCopy Author command creates an iCopy template from an adaptive skeleton assembly. TheiCopy command creates one or multiple copies of the iCopy template and adds each copy to the target assembly. Each assembly (iCopy result) can vary slightly from other iCopy results in the pattern depending on the adaptivity that was used in the iCopy template.
- Use Next or Previous at the bottom-left to advance to the next page or return to the previous one.