Table of contentsNo headers
In this section, you define the mold parameters for orientation and material type.
Initially, these options are the only ones available when creating a mold assembly. When the moldable part is placed, an associated Orientation node is automatically generated. This node cannot be deleted, but the Adjust Orientation command can be used to modify it.
With the Adjust Orientation command, you can rotate the part around an axis, or align an edge or surface of the part with an axis. In some mold designs, the default direction of the mold opening, which aligns with the positive Z axis, is not correct. The direction of the plastic part and the direction of the mold opening are often different. The Adjust Orientation command adjusts these directions so they are consistent.
- On the ribbon, click . The command performs an analysis of the model surfaces. All green surfaces have a draft angle between the surface and the Z axis, which is greater than zero degrees. All blue surfaces have a draft angle between the surface and the Z axis, which is less than zero degrees. > >
- Rotate the model to see that no further orientation adjustments are required in this example. On the dialog box, click to continue without changing anything.
- On the . This command enables you to select from a database of more than 7,750 materials. panel, click
- From the list of Manufacturers, select SABIC Innovative Plastics US, LLC.
- From the list of Trade names, select Cycoloy C2950 HF-71676.
- In the Selected material section of the dialog box, click . Many different material characteristics are listed in the tabs for the selected material, including material shrinkage values.
- Click to close the dialog box.
- Click to accept the selected material and close the dialog box. Notice that the model automatically adjusts its size to take into account the material that is being used. Now that the mold parameters have been defined, additional mold options are available.
Previous | Next