Table of contentsNo headers
In this section, you create a cooling channel for the mold design.
The cooling channel circulates a coolant through the mold to cool down the mold quickly and uniformly.
- On the ribbon, click . > >
- In the upper-right corner of the graphics window, click on the ViewCube to orient the model.
- Activate the Face selection tool. Select the location shown in the following image.
- Select the edge identified as 1 (outside of chamfer) in the following image as the reference.
- Select the edge identified as 2 (chamfer) in the following image as the reference.
- Edit the X and Y axis locations as follows:
- Distance from Linear Edge 1 = 75 mm.
- Distance from Linear Edge 2 = 22 mm.
- From the Extents List on the dialog box, select .
- Click the check box.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK to accept the defaults on the file naming dialog box. The cooling channel appears as shown in the following image.
- Repeat steps 3 through 10 to create three more cooling channels, as shown in the following image.
- The distances from Linear Edge 1 and 2 for each of the cooling channels are listed in the following table. Make sure that you select the outside edges and not the chamfered edges.
|Cooling Channel||Distance from Linear Edge 1||Distance from Linear Edge 2|
| Cooling Channel 2||105 mm||22 mm|
| Cooling Channel 3||135 mm||22 mm|
| Cooling Channel 4||170 mm||22 mm|
- Click Apply to create each cooling channel. After all four cooling channels have been created, click on the dialog box.
Previous | Next