Table of contentsNo headers
In this section, you place two side lock sets. A lock set ensures accurate alignment between the two halves of the mold. The two types of locks sets that can be created are side locks and interlocks.
Side locks are machined on the centerline axis, both vertically and horizontally, on the outside of the mold to ensure alignment of the mold halves. Interlocks also align the mold halves, as well as lock the core and cavities. Interlocks maintain proper alignment while still permitting thermal expansion between the mold halves.
- On the Quick Access toolbar, click > .
- On your keyboard, press to return to the Home View.
- On the ribbon, click . > >
- On the dialog box, expand the menu.
- From the Vendor menu, select .
- From the Category menu, select .
- From the window, select .
- On the tool should be active . Select the surface shown in the following image. The base face is the top or bottom surface of one of the mold base plates, which establishes the location of the parting plane. dialog box, the
- On the tool should be active . Select the surface shown in the following image. The reference face on which the side lock will be attached must be perpendicular to the selected base face. dialog box, the
- On the 0mm. The distance represents the measurement between the center of the reference face and the center of the side lock. The offset is the distance into the mold plate that the side lock will be embedded. dialog box, specify both the distance and the offset as
- On the Lock Set dialog box, click the option to create a second lock set that is symmetrical with the first lock set. Click
- Click OK on the File Naming dialog box to accept the defaults and place the lock sets. The model appears as shown in the following image.
Previous | Next