Table of contentsNo headers
In this topic, you review the layout and part zone assemblies that are created when a moldable part is added to the mold assembly.
Assigning a material to the mold assembly and the effects it has on the mold files will also be discussed.
The _LY (layout) and _PZ (part zone) files are two additional files that are created after moldable parts are added to the mold assembly and the assembly is saved. These files are used in the following ways:
- The CoverMold_cover_LY.iam assembly is a top-level layout assembly (_LY). If multiple different components are added to the mold assembly, an _LY.iam file is generated for each unique component.
- The CoverMold_cover_PZ.iam assembly is a part zone assembly (_PZ) in the layout assembly, which contains the moldable part design file. For each instance in a family mold pattern, a PZ assembly is created.
- At the top of the browser, change the display to Model and then expand the assembly. Notice that there are four CoverMold_cover_PZ.iam assemblies in the mold assembly, one for each of the four patterned family mold instances. The browser appears as follows:
The next step in the mold design workflow is to define the material type. No files are generated during material definition, but a Material node is added to the Mold Design browser.
- At the top of the browser, change the display back to Mold Design. The Material node is created when the material is assigned.
- Expand the node to review the material type.
Previous | Next