Table of contentsNo headers
In this section, you add a plastic part to a new mold design assembly. The plastic part contains multiple solid bodies and the required body must be derived into the mold assembly.
- On the ribbon, click Plastic Part.
- In the Plastic Part dialog box, select the PFTuorial_complete.ipt part file and click Open to add the plastic part to the mold assembly.
NoteClick Yes to close the message box that states the file is not in the active project path.
- A warning message appears indicating there is more than one solid body in the part. Click Yes to continue.
- Right-click PFTutorial_complete_1 in the left frame and select Rename. Enter PFTuorial_Top_Shell as the new name.
- Clear the check marks near Solid4, Solid5, and Solid7. The only Solid Body selected in the right-hand frame is Solid2.
- Click OK to derive the plastic part.
- Left-click in the graphics window to place the part with the default alignment option. The plastic part appears, as shown in the following image.
- Alternately, if you have enabled Prompt for File Names, click OK to accept the defaults in the File Naming dialog box to place the part.
Previous | Next