Table of contentsNo headers
A reference designator, or RefDes placeholder, is an identifier that maps the part to the schematic design. Typically, you add a placeholder such as U?. A number that represents the associated occurrence in the assembly replaces the?. For example, if you have three occurrences of a connector in your assembly, each occurrence must have a unique identifier such as U1, U2, and U3.
- With nothing selected, on the Model tab, Harness section, select Harness Properties. Alternatively, in the browser, right-click the part and select Harness Properties.
- In the Part properties dialog box, General tab, enter a reference designator (RefDes). In this case, enter the placeholder U?.
- Click OK, and then click OK on the message box.
- Click OK to accept the RefDes and close the dialog box.
- Click Return to finish the edit. Alternatively, right-click and select Finish Edit.
- Save your file. Click OK in the Save message dialog box to save the changes to the appropriate files.
Previous | Next