You can create a new Intent model using the default Intent template (Intent.dwt or IntentISO.dwt), or with a non-Intent template. Both procedures are described in this section.
Create a new Intent model (default Intent template)
Follow the steps below to create a new Intent model using the default template (Intent.dwt).
- Use any standard method to create a New Drawing (application menu, quick access toolbar, or command line)
- When prompted for the template, select Intent.dwt (or IntentISO.dwt) and click OK.
The root part appears in the Intent Model browser. AcDrawingDocument is the default root design.
NoteYou can create your own templates with different root designs, simply set the root design in an Intent drawing and save it as a template (dwt).
Change the Root Design
You can change the root design in an existing drawing to any other instantiable design (one that mixes in AcDrawingDocument).
- In the Intent Model browser, right click on the root part and select Change Root Design from the context menu.
- Select a root design - either the system design AcDrawingDocument, or any instantiable user design that mixes in AcDrawingDocument.
Create a new Intent model (non-Intent template)
You can add an Intent model to any drawing file, regardless of the template.
- With a non-Intent drawing file open, click the Create Intent Model button in the Intent Model browser.
- Select the AcDrawingDocument system design, or any instantiable user design, and then click the Set root design button.
To specify another root design, see Change the Root Design.
Create a new template
To create a new Intent template, save the dwg file that you are working in as a template (.dwt) file. The Intent data is saved in the template, with its own custom root design and rule set.