Table of contentsNo headers
Save an Intent model
You are prompted to save Intent models when you close the Intent assembly, and when you quit Inventor.
- On the Quick Access toolbar (QAT), click Save.
Any changes to the dynamic Intent model are saved into the Inventor assembly (*.iam) file.
If the Inventor model contains subassemblies, you are prompted to save them.
If the Inventor model contains drawings, they are saved automatically.
Close an Intent model
- The Intent model closes when you close its Inventor document container.
If the Intent model or designs are changed, but not yet saved, you are prompted with a series of dialog boxes.
- Autodesk Inventor - displays a prompt to save the assembly (*.iam) file.
- Save Intent Designs/Functions - displays a prompt to save the changes to any unsaved Designs and/or Functions.
- Save - displays an Inventor prompt to save any unsaved subassemblies (the Intent program saves parts automatically).