Inventor ETO Server includes several components for exposing Intent over web services.
- Server - The host of Intent, which includes access to Inventor Server or custom CAD host. The server provides a WCF API for remote access.
- Client - The client application, such as a web site or a desktop application. The client communicates with the Server through the remote API (can be WCF, SOAP, or REST client).
- Intent Application - The application-specific business logic built on top of Intent.
- Implement all application business logic for the Intent Application on the Server using any of the following:
These items run in process, and are not limited to the remote API operations. The managed Intent API and the Inventor Server API are available.
- Intent design code.
- .NET Assemblies
- The only functionality of the Client application is to interface with the user (such as configuring a model, and viewing the result).
- Logic meant to set up the Intent Application is easily configured, and not developed. For example, information about where the application is deployed on disk, and its library path locations are configured once when you deploy the application. There is no need to do it programmatically.