Table of contentsNo headers
Cylinder creates an Extrude feature by adding depth to a circular region. You can add taper to the extrusion.
Cylinder is on the drop-down menu under Box .
Create a cylindrical Extrude feature on a work plane or face
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to Box and select Cylinder.
- Select a face or work plane. The center is located where you clicked.
- Click to define the radius or enter the value in the field. The Extrude command ribbon displays.
- Use the manipulators to set the height and taper, or enter the values in the command ribbon.
NoteIf you selected a face for the extrusion, the feature automatically adds or removes material based on the direction. See step 6 for instructions on manually setting the Join or Cut Boolean option.
- Select the Limit type.
- Distance is a numeric value for the extrusion length.
- To determines the extrusion length when select a face or work plane.
- All determines the extrusion length by the furthest face in the model.
- Select the Direction.
- One Direction creates the extrusion in one direction.
- Two Directions creates the extrusion in both directions. Each direction can have a different extrusion length.
- Symmetric creates the extrusion in both directions. Each direction has the same extrusion length.
- Select the Boolean Option.
- Join adds material.
- Cut removes material.
- Intersect removes all material from the solid that does not overlap the new feature.
- New Component creates a child component in the active component.