Table of contentsNo headers
The Draft command in Inventor Fusion can be used to modify one or more component bodies by creating angled faces, with respect to a neutral plane.
This command is useful for creating parts that are manufactured using an injection molding or metal casting process. Some of the faces on such parts are angled so that the part can be removed from the mold easily. In these parts, Draft is applied to all of the side faces of the design.
You can also use Draft as a general modeling command for creating individual angled faces.
Show me how to add draft to a solid
This video demonstrates different methods to use the draft command.
Apply draft to a solid
- Invoke the Draft command.
- Select a neutral plane around which faces are drafted, and the pull direction. The pull direction is the direction in which the mold is removed from the part after the molding process is complete.
- Select the faces to be drafted.
- Select the draft type:
- One Way: specify a single draft angle.
- Symmetric: specify a single draft angle that is applied above and below the neutral plane.
- Two Way: specify two draft angles; one above the neutral plane and one below the plane.
- Drag or enter a precise value into the draft angle entry box.
- Click OK to complete the command.