Learn how to prepare a model for analysis programs by removing unnecessary features.
|Time Required||20 Minutes |
|Tutorial File Used||Find Features.sat, Simplify Model.dwg |
Inventor Fusion provides tools to simplify models for CAE applications. Most models have small features, like fillets, that complicate the analysis. These features do not affect the model behavior, but they can add a significant amount of time for meshing and calculations.
Fusion has two tools for removing features from models:
- The Find Features command analyzes the geometry and creates features.
- The Simplify command provides filters for selecting fillet, chamfer, and hole features.
Preparing models analysis is usually a two-step process. The Simplify command requires features, so you must first convert the geometry with the Find Features command.
- Learn how to find features in models.
- Learn how to filters to select features by type and size.
- Learn how to work with feature selections.
- Use Next or Previous at the bottom-left to advance to the next page or return to the previous one.