Rectangular patterns create copies of objects in one or two directions. When you select the direction, two perpendicular manipulators display. You can select a second edge to change the angle of the second direction. To create the pattern in one direction, set the number of occurrences to 1.
You can pattern faces, features, or bodies.
Create rectangular patterns
- Switch the toolbar workspace to Solid, Surface, or Assemble.
- Click Rectangular Pattern in the Pattern pull-down.
- In the graphics area or the browser, select the faces, features, or bodies to pattern.
- Click Directions, and select a linear edge or work axis. Perpendicular manipulators display.
- For a non-perpendicular pattern, select a second linear edge or work axis.
- Use the arrows to set the U Distance and V Distance or enter values in the fields.
- Use the dot manipulator to set the U Grid Entries and V Grid Entries or enter values in the fields.
- Click a check mark to suppress an occurrence.
- Right-click the select OK to create the pattern.
Rectangular Pattern dialog box
Enables the selection of objects to pattern. Valid objects are faces, features, or bodies.
Enables the selection of edges to control the U and V directions.
Displays check boxes in the graphics window at each occurrence. Uncheck a box at an occurrence to suppress that occurrence from the pattern.
U Grid Entries
Specifies the number of occurrences along the first direction.
Specifies the overall distance in the first direction. Occurrences are spaces evenly along the distance.
V Grid Entries
Specifies the number of occurrences along the second direction.
Specifies the overall distance in the second direction. Occurrences are spaces evenly along the distance.