Table of contentsNo headers
The Offset command creates a surface, face, or quilt with all surfaces at an equal distance from the originals. You can select multiple surfaces and quilts.
Offset cannot remove a face, so the maximum offset value is set at the distance where a face disappears.
Offset a surface
- Switch the toolbar workspace to Surface.
- Expand the Surface pull-down then select Offset.
- In the graphics area, select one or more faces or surfaces.
- Select the Boolean Type:
- New Body Creates a new body to contain the surface.
- New Component Creates a new component to contain the surface.
- Drag the arrow to set the offset, or enter a value.
- Right-click then select OK.
Offset dialog box
Enables the selection of faces or surfaces to offset.
Specifies the distance to offset.
Select to create a new body or new component that contains the surface.