You typically update your serial number for a stand-alone license when you purchase a new license in order to change the license type or behavior. For example, you would do this if you want to convert an educational license to a commercial license, or if you want to extend the term of a term extendable license. When you update a license, you do not need to uninstall and reinstall the product. The new license includes a new serial number that you enter in the Product License Information dialog box.
Your serial number is located on the outside of the product packaging or in the Autodesk Upgrade and Licensing Information email you received when you downloaded your product.
When you register and activate your product, your serial number is submitted to Autodesk over the Internet, if a connection is available.
If you have a suite of products that use a single serial number, only the first product you register and activate displays the updated serial number. For other products to display the serial number, you must update them from the Help menu.
To update your serial number
- Start your Autodesk product.
- Click HelpAbout, or About [Product Name].
- In the About window, click Product Information or Product License Information.
- In the Product License Information dialog box, click Update.
- In the Update the Serial Number dialog box, enter your product serial number.
- Click Activate. The updated serial number is displayed.
NoteIn some cases, you must restart the product to display the updated serial number.
- In the Product License Information dialog box, click Close.