Table of contentsNo headers
In the distributed license server model, licenses are distributed across more than one server. A unique license file is required for each server. To create a distributed license server, you must run the Network License Manager on each server that is part of the distributed server pool.
Advantages of the Distributed License Server Model
- Servers can be distributed across a wide area network (WAN); they do not need to exist on the same subnet.
- If one server in the distributed server pool fails, the licenses on the remaining servers are still available.
- If you need to replace a server in the distributed server pool, you do not need to rebuild the entire pool.
- Server replacement is easier than in a redundant server pool, where you must reactivate the entire pool.
Disadvantages of the Distributed License Server Model
- If a server in the distributed server pool fails, the licenses on that server are unavailable.
- This model can require more time for setup and maintenance than other models.