Table of contentsNo headers
Use this procedure to create a new deployment from the installer. In the process, you can create a default deployment by accepting the default configuration of each installed product, or you can create a custom deployment by customizing the configuration settings of one or more products in the deployment.
To create an original deployment
- Close all running applications on your computer.
- Start the installer.
- On the first page, if language choices are available, select a language for the deployment instructions, and then click Create Deployment.
- On the Configure <name> page, Administrative Image section, specify the following data:
- Enter a descriptive name for the deployment that identifies the user group, platform, or other attribute to differentiate this deployment from others.
- Enter the path or browse to the shared network folder where you want to create and store your administrative image. Users install the program from this location.
- Select either 32-bit or 64-bit for the target operating system.
- Choose whether to include only the products required by this configuration.
- If selected, the deployment cannot be modified in future to include additional products.
- If unselected, the administrative image will include all possible products, so the current deployment can be modified in any way.
- In the Installation Settings section, select one or more of these options:
- Silent mode runs the installation in background, without prompting the user for any input.
NoteSilent mode can automatically restart the user's computer without warning after installation.
- Log file on each workstation can enable users to review and troubleshoot their own installations.
- Network log file in a central location supports the network administrator in reviewing data for all installations.
NoteThe network log file must be in a shared folder where users of the deployment have read-write access. Otherwise, log data for user installations cannot be written to the log file.
- Review and accept the Autodesk software license agreement.
- On the Product Information page, select your license type, and enter your serial number and product key. If this data is valid, green check marks appear.
- If you are sure that the product information is correct, click Next.
- On the Create Deployment Configuration page, select the products to include in the deployment.
- If you need to configure settings for a product, click the product name to open the configuration panel where you can review and change settings.
ImportantThe configuration settings you choose apply to every instance of the product installed from the deployment. After the deployment is created, these settings can be changed only by modifying the deployment.
Configuration settings vary widely by product. For more information, click Installation Help to see the product documentation.
- Click Create to create the deployment.
After the deployment is created, the Deployment Configuration Complete page opens, presenting useful paths to the new deployment and a link for registering products online.
- After you have finished using this screen, click Finish.