Table of contentsNo headers
| ||Define the surface texture for a particular point on a part. You can identify the surface texture and arrange the annotation appropriately based on selected GOST standards. The annotations appear on the drawing sheet. |
Where to place the annotation on the drawing sheet
Place the annotation in any of the following locations:
- Empty space on the sheet
- Empty space on a view
- A drawing entity
- A sketch line
- A dimension extension line
- Center marks
- Center lines
- Other symbols
Add surface texture information
- On the ribbon, click .
- Click the location to place the target point.
- Move your cursor to a different location. Notice that a leader line extends from the target to the cursor.
- Click to set a point. Set as many points as you need.
- At the last point, right-click to display a context menu.
- Select Continue. The Surface Texture dialog box appears. The dialog box has one field.
- In the Surface Texture dialog box, add the surface texture information. Type the text, or select options from the context menu.
- Click the check mark to add the surface texture information.
Add Surface Texture Symbol without a leader line
- On the ribbon, click .
- Click anywhere in the drawing sheet, and move your cursor to a different location.
- Click to set a point then right-click your mouse. A context menu appears.
- Continue as described in steps above.
Cancel action before displaying the dialog box
To cancel the operation, and not to display the Surface Texture dialog box, right-click and select Done. The leader lines are removed, the part is no longer highlighted in the drawing, and Surface Texture Symbol is no longer highlighted in the Annotate (ESKD) tab.
|Surface Texture Value||Identifies the type of texture you add to a specific location. Type the text, or select options from the context menu. |
|GOST 2.309-73 (chg 3)||GOST standards updated in 1973. |
|GOST 2.309-1973||GOST standards updated in 1973. |
|Treatment Unspecified||Basic surface texture symbol. Type of surface texture is not specifically identified. |
|Removal of Material Required||Material must be removed from the part to meet the requirements. |
|Removal of Material Prohibited||Material cannot be removed from the part. |
|Force Tail||Adds a tail to the symbol. |
|Majority||Apply the specified surface texture to all surfaces without a specific surface texture symbol. |
|All-around||Adds the all-around indicator to the symbol. |
|Production Method||Identifies the appropriate production method for the texture. Type the text, or select options from the context menu. This field is enabled only when you click Removal of Material Required. |
|Surface Texture Value||Identifies the surface roughness. Type the text, or select options from the context menu. |
|Texture Direction||Identifies the surface texture type left by the cutting instrument. |
|Add Row ||Insert a new Surface Texture Value line. |
|Remove Row ||Remove a Surface Texture Value line. |