Table of contentsNo headers
What is Autodesk Exchange Apps?
Autodesk Exchange Apps is an online resource where you can browse and purchase Apps (including product-specific content such as models, training materials, and eBooks) – and is available to several Autodesk Products. You can download some items for free, and some for a price. Purchasing is handled via PayPal at this time. Purchases and downloads can be tracked online, or by using the Autodesk Exchange App Manager.
How does Autodesk test and certify the Apps?
Testing starts with the standard testing that is used for all Inventor Certified Applications. Once the App is shown to meet the testing standard, the App goes to the Autodesk Exchange Apps' Manager to give final approval before publishing.
Click here to review the Autodesk Exchange Apps Product Guidelines and Requirements.
How do I access the Autodesk Exchange Apps
You can directly access the Autodesk Exchange App website here: http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/.
The Autodesk Exchange App website can also be accessed from within Inventor:
- On the Welcome Screen, in the Extend section, click the Launch Autodesk Exchange Apps website link.
- On the upper right-hand corner of Inventor, click the Autodesk Exchange Apps icon.
- In the Autodesk Exchange App Manager dialog box click the Launch Autodesk Exchange Apps website link. To access the Autodesk Exchange App Manager:
- From the ribbon: Tools tab > Options panel > Exchange App Manager
- From the Start Menu: Programs > Autodesk > Autodesk Inventor 2013 > Tools > Exchange App Manager
How do I maintain and update the Autodesk Exchange Apps
Use the Autodesk Exchange App Manager to view, update, uninstall and get help on Autodesk Exchange Apps downloaded from the Autodesk Exchange Apps website. Click here to learn more about the Autodesk Exchange App Manager.
The Autodesk Exchange App Manager is included with, and not limited to, the following products:
- Autodesk Inventor 2013
- Autodesk Alias Design 2013
- AutoCAD Electrical 2013
- Autodesk Simulation 2013
- AutoCAD 2013
- AutoCAD Architecture 2013
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2013
- AutoCAD MEP 2013
- Autodesk Inventor Publisher 2013