The Communication Center provides up-to-date product support information, software patches, subscription announcements, articles, and other product information through a connection to the Internet.
Receiving new information notifications
The Communication Center icon is located at the right end of the status bar. Whenever new information is available, the state of the Communication Center icon changes.
If you disabled the application status bar for your application and the Communications Center is active, a dialog box appears within your application. To view the Communications Center information, enable the status bar in your application, and then click the Communication Center icon.
NoteIf you do not see a Communication Center icon in your status bar, contact your network administrator.
Communication Center online privacy
Communication Center is an interactive feature that must be connected to the Internet to deliver content and information. Each time Communication Center is connected, it sends information to Autodesk so that appropriate information can be returned. All information is sent anonymously to maintain privacy.
The following information is sent to Autodesk:
Product Name is the name of the product you are using with Communication Center.
Product Release Number is the version of the product.
Product Language specifies the language version of the product.
Country is the country that was specified in the Communication Center settings.
Configure Communication Center
To receive the latest software updates, product support announcements, and maintenance patches, configure the Communication Center to your preferred settings.
- At the right end of the status bar, click the Live Update icon.
- To enable the Live Update feature, select the Specify your country and preferred update frequency option, or click Settings.
- Apply your changes. A check mark appears in front of the Specify your country and preferred update frequency option. The Connect to the Internet and download available information option is activated.
- Select the Connect to the Internet and download available information option. You can also click Refresh Content to download the latest updates and announcements.
The Communication Center Status notifies you that a download is in progress. When the download is complete, a check mark appears in front of the Connect to the Internet and download available information option. The Specify which information channels you want to view option is activated.
- Select the Specify which information channels you want to view option to specify the channels you want to view in the Communication Center.
- Select the channel names for the information you want to receive.
- Apply your changes. If you do not select any channels before selecting OK, you are prompted to select one or more information channels before information can be downloaded.
The Communication Center dialog box notifies you that your product is up to date and provides links to your preferred channel information.
Until you configure the Communication Center, the only option available is to select your country and update preference.
At the right end of the Status bar, click the Live Update icon.
Specify your country and preferred update frequency specifies the country for which you want the Live Update information to localize.
Connect to the Internet and download available information downloads the latest updates and announcements.
Specify which information channels you want to view selects the information channels you want Communication Center to access.
Country specifies the country for which the Live Update information is localized.
Check for New Content specifies how often to poll the Live Update feature: on-demand, daily, weekly, or monthly.
The Channels tab is available only after you enable the Live Update feature and download the available information.
Notifies you when there is a software maintenance release (patch) available.
Subscription Information and Extension Announcements provides member announcements and subscription program news.
Autodesk Beta Program provides beta program information.
Articles and Tips notifies you when new articles and tips are available on Autodesk Web sites.
General Product Information informs you about Autodesk company news and product announcements.
Product Support Information provides you with the latest news from the Autodesk Product Support Team.