The available add-ins and their load behaviors are listed in the Add-in Manager dialog box. Add-ins that are not loaded at startup are listed without a load behavior.
When an add-in is unloaded, its functionality is not available. However, all translator add-ins (such as DXF, DWF, and DWG) automatically load when that format is selected when doing a Save Copy As. By default, the translators are not loaded at startup.
When to load and unload add-ins
You can specify which add-ins to load at startup. You can also unload certain add-ins while in session.
Why to unload add-ins
- Reduce the time it takes to load the application initially.
- Reduce the memory footprint for the application and increase the capacity.
- Some non-Autodesk Inventor LT add-ins can be invalid for a current release. If you experience problems with Autodesk Inventor LT, unload non-Autodesk add-ins systematically to see if the problems are corrected. Refer to the default add-in lists to determine which add-ins to remove.
Default add-ins for Autodesk Inventor LT
The default add-ins for Autodesk Inventor LT are as follows:
- BIM Exchange
- Autodesk DWF Markup Manager
- Autodesk iDrop Translator
- Drag & Drop Interoperability
- ESKD Support
- Inventor Studio
- Inventor Vault
- Translator: Alias
- Translator: CATIA V4 Import
- Translator: CATIA V5 Import
- Translator: CATIA V5 Part Export
- Translator: CATIA V5 Product Export
- Translator: DWF
- Translator: DWFx
- Translator: DWG
- Translator: DXF
- Translator: IGES
- Translator: JT
- Translator: Parasolid Binary
- Translator: Parasolid Text
- Translator: PDF
- Translator: Pro/ENGINEER
- Translator: Pro/ENGINEER Granite
- Translator: Pro/ENGINEER Neutral
- Translator: SAT
- Translator: SolidWorks
- Translator: STEP
- Translator: STL
- Translator: UGS NX
Load and unload add-ins
Unload and load add-ins
Sort add-ins by name or load behavior
- Click the header of the column to sort.
- Press CTRL+click to select multiple items on the list to sort.
Switch the load behavior of add-ins
- Double-click the add-in name in the list to switch between Loaded and Unloaded, or between Startup/Loaded and Startup/Unloaded.
- Click OK to activate the switch in load behavior.
Increase computer performance
It is sometimes possible to increase performance. Systematically perform these steps:
- Cancel the Load at Startup option for each of the add-ins.
- Unload each of the add-ins.
- Unload the larger add-ins (such as Tube & Pipe, Cable & Harness) not used in your design. In most cases, we recommend that you do not unload Autodesk add-ins.
Lists the Autodesk Inventor LT add-ins that are installed on the system, and provides the means to load and unload add-ins.
Sort the list by name or load behavior by clicking the column header. Press CTRL + click to select multiple items on the list.
Available Add-Ins and Load Behavior
Lists the installed add-ins with their load behavior: Loaded, Unloaded, Startup/Loaded, and Startup/Unloaded.
Lists add-ins without a load behavior if they are not loaded at startup.
Describes the add-in selected in the list.
Switches the selected add-in between Loaded and Unloaded, and updates the list.
Loaded/Unloaded on Startup
Switches on the selected add-in between loading the add-in Startup and loading the add-in manually using the Add-In Manager.