How to add your knowledge
Mac OS X License Server Configuration Procedure
To configure automatic start-up of your Mac OS X license server
Some Autodesk products provide a script to automate some of this procedure. See your product appendix to this guide for more information.
Before configuring your license server for Mac OS®X, ensure that the following steps have been completed:
- You have installed the Autodesk Network License Manager which contains the following files: lmgrd, adskflex, and lmutil.
- You have received the network license file from Autodesk that contains the product licenses; for example, productlicense.lic.
- Create a directory titled flexnetserver under the home directory; for example, /usr/local/flexnetserver.
- Move the following files: lmgrd, adskflex, lmutil, and your product license file (.lic) into the flexnetserver directory created in Step 1.
- If it does not already exist, create the directory StartupItems under /Library using the sudo command. For example, sudo mkdir StartupItems.
- Create a startup item directory; for example, /Users/<user id>/adsknlm.
- Create an executable script file; for example, adsknlm, by entering the following in Terminal:
NoteThe executable file name must be the same as the directory name.
ConsoleMessage “Starting Autodesk Network License Manager”
/Users/<user id>/NLM/lmgrd -c\
/Users/<user id>/NLM/productlicense.lic -l\
ConsoleMessage “Stopping Autodesk Network License Manager”
/Users/<user id>/NLM/lmutil lmdown -q -all -force
ConsoleMessage “Restarting Autodesk Network License Manager”
/Users/<user id>/NLM/lmutil lmreread -c /Users/<user id>/NLM/productlicense.lic
- Grant the executable permission to the script by entering the following in Terminal:
- Create a property list file named StartupParameters.plist and add it to the directory by entering the following in Terminal:
Description =”Autodesk Network License Manager”;
Provides =(“adsknlm”)OrderPreference =”None”;
“Starting Autodesk Network Manager Service”;
“Stopping Autodesk Network Manager Service”;
- Move the startup item directory to /Library/StartupItems/ and modify your directory permission by entering the following in Terminal:
NoteFor security reasons your startup item directory should be owned by root, the group should be set to wheel, and the permission for the directory should be 755.
sudo mv /Users/<user id>/adsknlm/ /Library/StartupItems/
sudo chown root /Library/StartupItems/adsknlm/
sudo chgrp wheel /Library/StartupItems/adsknlm/
sudo chmod 755 /Library/StartupItems/adsknlm/
sudo chown root /Library/StartupItems/adsknlm/*
sudo chgrp wheel /Library/StartupItems/adsknlm/*
- Your resulting directory should look like this:
4 root wheel 136 Jul 31 01 01:50drwxr-xr-x
3 root wheel 102 Jul 30 01 21:59-rw-r--r--
1 root wheel 204 Jul 30 20:16 StartupParameters.plist-rwxr-xr-x
1 root wheel 417 Jul 31 00:45 adsknlm
- Reboot your Mac and verify in the debug.log file (/Users/<user id>/NLG/) that the lmgrd and adskflex start up successfully.
Message will close by itself in seconds
Message timer has been stopped