Table of contentsNo headers
This tutorial provides general guidelines on configuring tabs within a Workspace. By default, PLM360 provides up to 15 tabs that can be used within a work space. User roles, groups and permissions control access to these tabs. For further information, please visit Adding Users and Groups.
To access the Tab Names:
- On the Administration menu, click Setup
- Click the Workspaces tab
- Under the list of General Workspaces, open the Workspace you want to work on
- All the available configurable options within the Workspace are now visible.
- Click the Tab Names to see all the tabs available.
- Only the following 5 tabs can be further configured under the available configurable options within the Workspace. They can also be renamed and rearranged by the user to tailor to specific business purpose. This allows those tabs to be customized further when they are displayed on the UI.
- Item Details Tab – Item Details
- Grid Tab - Grid
- Workflow Items Tab – Linked Items
- Bill of Materials Tab – Bill of Materials
- Sourcing Tab - Sourcing
- The remaining tabs can only be renamed and rearranged by the user to tailor to specific business purposes. Any available fields and labels within those tabs are non-editable and are predefined.
- The following four tabs can be further configured under the Workspace Relationships within the Workspace to access items across other workspaces.
- Bill of Materials Tab
- Relationship Tab
- Workflow Items Tab
- Project Management Tab
Example: The Schedule tab as seen in the pre-built Project Management workspace
- The Schedule tab as seen in the pre-built Project Management workspace is actually renamed from the Project Management tab within the workspace.
- Navigate to Workspace Relationship and link additional workspaces to the Project Management tab. This will allow one to track additional schedules.
The Project Management tab permission is granted to the Role that allow user to access the tab in the Project Management workspace.
Once the above steps are performed, the user should be able to manage items and set schedules in the Schedule tab.