This topic does not apply to Autodesk products that provide each language version on separate media. For these products, you must specify the product language when purchasing, and cannot change it.
For some Autodesk products, you can select the product language at the time of installation, using this drop-down menu on the installer:
If the language you want is not available from this control, and if you see the Add Language option on the menu, you can add a language pack.
NoteThe Add Language Pack option is available only to subscription customers.
For deployments, language packs can be included in an administrative image when you initially create a deployment, or when you create a new deployment configuration, but not when you modify a deployment.
To Download a Language Pack
You can obtain language packs from the Subscription Center website, as follows:
- On the Select the Products to Install page, click the language drop-down arrow and select Add Language Pack.
- In the Language Pack dialog box, click the Browse button and select the language pack downloaded from the subscription center.
The following rules apply to language selection:
- Only one language can be chosen per installation session. For example, you cannot chose English for one product and German for another product during the same installation.
- Deployments must be in a single language. One administrative image can support deployments for different languages, but each deployment is for one language.
- If you are modifying a deployment, or creating a new deployment using an existing deployment as a template, you cannot change the language of the deployment.
- If you select a language that is not supported by some products, a default language is chosen.