If you reinstall your operating system on the computer where your Autodesk license resides, the license might fail. You will not be able to use your product. To resolve a license error in this case, you must reactivate your product. See Activation.
NoteThe following procedure is for the Windows operating system. If you are running Autodesk products on Mac OS X or Linux platforms, see your product appendix for more information.
To prevent a license error when you reinstall an operating system
If using Norton Ghost™
or another image utility, do not include the Master Boot Record.
- Locate one of the following folders and make a backup copy:
- (Windows XP) C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet
- (Windows 7 or Vista) C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet
- Reinstall the operating system and reinstall the Autodesk product.
- Paste the license folder to the same location from which you originally copied the folder in step 1.
You can now run your Autodesk product.