Workflow Manager provides access to workflows and enables you to duplicate a standard workflow. The standard workflows cannot be edited or deleted. When you duplicate a standard workflow, you can save the copy as a user workflow, changing the settings and the name to suit your needs.
Workflow Manager (AutoCAD version)
User workflows can be copied, modified, and deleted if no longer required. The standard workflows remain available for use or to serve as templates for creating additional user workflows. User workflows are marked with an orange flag, and standard workflows with a blue flag. When you create a user workflow, it is recommended that you change the name and description to help specify the purpose of the workflow.
Standard and User Workflows
Workflow Manager is accessible from the Workflow menu, the main application menu, or the AutoCAD WORKFLOW command.
Create a Workflow
You can create a workflow based on one of the standard workflows supplied by Autodesk, or based on another user workflow. After you identify workflows that demonstrate best practices, share them with other team members to support consistent processes.
To create and share a user workflow
- Open Workflow Manager using one of these methods:
- Click Workflow menuShow Workflow Browser
- Click Application menuSuite WorkflowsWorkflow Manager
- In Workflow Manager, right-click the workflow to use as a template for your custom workflow Duplicate. The new workflow is added to the list, with a digit appended to the name, such as (1).
- Select the new workflow and then click Settings.
- In the Workflow Settings Editor, modify any workflow settings as required.
- At the bottom of the Workflow Settings Editor, click Save As.
- In the Save Workflow Settings dialog, enter a unique name and description for the new workflow. Click Save.
- If you want to share the new workflow with your team, follow the next steps.
- At the top of the Workflow Settings Editor, click Information. In the About section, the Source entry shows the path to the new workflow and other user workflows.
The default location is C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/Autodesk/Workflows.
- Right-click the Source entry Select All.
- Right-click the highlighted Source entry Copy.
- Paste the Source path in a convenient location for adding to an email, or otherwise communicating to your team members. They will need to place the workflow in the comparable locations on their computers.
- Navigate to the Source directory and copy the new workflow for distribution to your team.