Table of contentsNo headers
Although the analytical model will be verified automatically before the analysis is performed, it is good practice to run member support and consistency checks manually before sending the model to Storm (see Verifying the Analytical Model).
Analysis is performed only for the analytical model uploaded to Storm, not for a Revit project (.rvt file). An analytical model may include a whole project or a part of it. Note that supports are created automatically in places where the model is cut off from the project. For a given project (*.rvt file) you can define several models and send them for analysis. For each model you can run several analyses. For each analysis you can define different load cases. Results are calculated for each analysis.
Use this procedure to perform the analysis of an analytical model using Storm:
- Open a Revit project that includes an analytical model.
- Click Analyze tab Structural Analysis panel Analysis.
To use Storm
, you need to sign in to your Autodesk account or create a new account clicking "Need an Autodesk ID?" link.
- In the Storm dialog specify the desired values for Model, Analysis name, Report name, and Comment.
NoteEach analysis for a given model needs to have a different name.
- For Report template, select:
- Status only, to obtain short information that the analysis is completed or failed.
- Simple, to view the analysis results including maps and diagrams.
- For Analysis profile, select:
- Draft. The assumed maximum size of a mesh element is 2 m (7 ft).
- Normal. The assumed maximum size of a mesh element is 0.8 m (3 ft).
- Fine. The assumed maximum size of a mesh element is 0.4 m (1.5 ft).
This setting only affects models that include analytical walls, floors and foundation slabs. See: Structural Analysis Assumptions for Storm.
- Under Self-weight options, either select Add to existing load case, and then select a load case, or select Ignore.
- Click .
- When the balloon message indicates that the analysis is complete, click the message to view the analysis report. If you want view the report at a later time, click on the system taskbar, and then click Report.