Table of contentsNo headers
Results are presented in the form of maps and diagrams using the settings available in Revit (see also Analysis Result Settings). Results of the analysis are downloaded only to the current analytical model (the one for which the analysis was performed). They are only available for the analytical model 2D or 3D view. In each analytical view you can display separate results with different settings.
Use this procedure to display a selected result type:
- Click Analyze tab Structural Analysis panel Results.
The Results icon
is active as soon as the analysis of the model on the website is completed. If it fails, the icon remains inactive.
- At the top of the Results dialog, select the model, analysis, and load case for which you want to display results.
- In the Result column, select the result you want to display.
- In the appropriate columns, specify a style, units and scale for the selected result, and click OK.
You can specify the following display settings.
- Style. This list displays predefined Storm styles. To select or modify these styles, use the Analysis Display Styles dialog.
- Units. The lists contain by default units set in a Revit project (they display in angle brackets). If you want other units to show on these lists, select them in the Project Units dialog.
NoteThe system checks if the current analytical model is identical as the model for which results were downloaded. When you modify the analytical model after running the analysis, results downloaded to the model are out of date. Also note that modification of load cases also changes the analytical model and thus the status of results to out of date. The appropriate warning displays then in the Results dialog, but it does not inform you what was modified. Therefore, you need to control carefully changes in the model.
Available Result Types
You can display results for a selected load case or load combination or predefined load case envelope.
Types of results for static analysis
- Forces (FX, FY, FZ)
- Moments (MX, MY, MZ).
- Results for members (Beams, Columns and Braces)
- Forces: Fx, Fy, Fz
- Moments: Mx, My, Mz
- Stresses: maximum Smax (tension) and minimum Smin (compression).
- Results for panels (surface elements) such as Walls, Floors and Foundation Slabs
- Forces: Nxx (membrane force) , Nyy (membrane force), Qxx (shear force) and Qyy (shear force)
- Moments: Mxx and Myy
- Stresses: sxx (upper layer), sxx (lower layer), syy (upper layer), syy (lower layer), txx (shear - middle layer) and tyy (shear - middle layer)
- Global displacements: X, Y, Z.
NoteFor panels you can display only one result type at a time.
Example of global displacements in the 3D analytical view