Table of contentsNo headers
You can use solid forms to cut other solids as you do with voids. However, when you use a solid, you remove the overlapping area and the abutting solids remain. Cutting solid geometry with solids is available with the following:
- Form elements
- Forms with divided surfaces
- Forms with geometric combinations
- Family instances inside of the massing editor.
To cut a solid with a solid form
- Create two adjacent solids.
In this procedure, the solid form being cut has a divided surface to show how the cut is represented.
- Click Modify tabGeometry panel Cut.
- Select the solid form to be cut.
- Select the cutting solid form.
The solids cut accordingly and can be edited with form editing tools while maintaining the cut relationship.
NoteWhen a solid cut geometry mass is imported into a project, you cannot interact with the individual solids. Similarly, if the solid cut geometry had levels applied to it, they will not be recognized in the project environment.