- Revit Architecture
- Revit Structure
You can create a structural beam system either by picking the structural supporting elements, such as beams and structural walls, or by sketching the border. After specifying the beam system boundaries, you can specify the beam direction and beam system properties, such as spacing, justification, and beam type. For more information, see Beam System Layout Rules and Patterns.
To create a structural beam system
- On the ribbon, click Beam System.
Where is it?
- Structure tabStructure panelBeam System
- Home tabStructure panelBeam System
- Click Modify | Create Beam System Boundary tabBeam System panelSketch Beam System.
- Define the beam system boundary. For more information, see Defining the Boundary of a Structural Beam System.
- Specify beam direction. For more information, see Specifying Beam Direction in a Beam System.
- Specify beam system properties. For more information, see Modifying Beam System Properties.
- Click Modify | Create Beam System Boundary tabMode panelFinish Edit Mode.