Table of contentsNo headers
- Revit MEP
Devices consist of receptacles, switches, junction boxes, telephone, communications, and data terminal devices, nurse call devices, wall speakers, starters, smoke detectors, and fire alarm manual pull stations. Electrical devices are often hosted components (receptacles that must be placed on a wall or work plane). To place an electrical device in a view:
- In the Project Browser, expand Views (all)Floor Plans, and double-click the view where you want to place the device.
- Click Home tabElectrical panelDevice drop-down, and click a device type.
- In the Type Selector, select a specific component.
- On the ribbon, verify that Tag on Placement is selected to automatically tag the device.
- Move the cursor over the drawing area.
The device is previewed as you move the cursor over a valid host or location in the drawing area.
- Click to place the device.
- Click Modify to release the tool.