Table of contentsNo headers
Annotations and details (such as keynotes, dimensions, and tags) are view-specific elements. They cannot be part of a design option. To document a design option, first dedicate one or more views to the option. (See Dedicating Views to Design Options.) Then add the desired annotations and details to the dedicated views. (See Annotating.)
If you want similar views for each option to have similar documentation and details, use the following procedure.
To create duplicate detailed views for design options
- In a view that shows the main model and a design option, add the annotations and details that you want to appear in similar views for all design options.
- With the view active in the drawing area, click View tabCreate panelDuplicate View drop-down (Duplicate with Detailing).
This tool creates a copy of the view, including annotations and details. Repeat this step to create a copy of the view for each design option.
- Dedicate each duplicate view to a different design option. (See Dedicating Views to Design Options.)
- Rename each duplicate view to indicate the design option that it displays. (See Renaming Views.)
- In the view for each design option, modify the annotations and details as appropriate.
If you add a new annotation or detail to a dedicated view, it displays in that view only.
- (Optional) For side-by-side comparisons of the design options, add a sheet, and add the views to the sheet.