Table of contentsNo headers
You can copy elements from a linked model to the current project, and monitor them for changes. See Copy/Monitor Overview.
Use the following procedure to copy grids, columns, walls, and floors (including related openings and inserts) for monitoring.
TipCopy one type of element at a time. After copying, check to make sure that you achieved the desired result, and then copy the next type of element.
To copy elements for monitoring
- Open an existing project or start a new project.
You will copy elements from a Revit model to this project.
- Prepare a view:
- Open a project view where you will be able to see the copied elements.
For example, use a floor plan view to copy grids, columns, walls, floors, and related openings for monitoring.
- In the view properties, for Discipline, select Coordination.
This setting ensures that the view displays elements for all disciplines (architectural, structural, mechanical, and electrical).
- (Optional) If you plan to copy grids to the current project, delete existing grids.
- Link the model into the current project.
See Linking One Model to Another.
- Pin the linked model in place, so that it cannot be moved inadvertently.
- (Optional) Display the linked model in halftone, so that you can distinguish its elements from elements in the current project.
- Start the Copy/Monitor tool:
- Click Collaborate tabCoordinate panelCopy/Monitor drop-down (Select Link).
- Select the linked model in the drawing area.
- Specify options for the elements to copy.
For example, you can copy openings and inserts in walls and floors, or change the family type for copied elements. See Specifying Options for Copy/Monitor.
- Copy the elements for monitoring:
- Click Copy/Monitor tabTools panel (Copy).
- Select the elements to copy.
To select multiple elements, on the Options Bar, select Multiple. Then select the elements in the drawing area, and click Finish on the Options Bar.
You can use a selection box and a filter to select elements in the linked model. See Selecting Elements Using a Filter.
- Click Copy/Monitor tabCopy/Monitor panel (Finish).
When you select a copied element in the current project, the monitor icon displays next to it to indicate that it has a relationship with the original element in the linked model.
If copied elements are moved, changed, or deleted in the linked model, you are notified of the changes when you open the current project or reload the linked model. These warnings also display in a coordination review. (See Coordination Review.)
- (Optional) Hide the linked model.