Table of contentsNo headers
- Revit MEP
This procedure describes how to use the Copy/Monitor tool to copy fixtures from a linked model to an MEP project.
- Follow the Copy/Monitor Workflow for Linked Models, linking an architectural model into an MEP project and copying levels, grids, and other elements, as appropriate.
NoteBefore copying fixtures from an architectural model, copy its levels.
- Open the MEP project in Revit MEP.
- Start the Copy/Monitor tool:
- Click Collaborate tabCoordinate panelCopy/Monitor drop-down (Select Link).
- Select the linked model in the drawing area.
- Specify coordination settings for the elements to copy:
- Click Copy/Monitor tabTools panel (Coordination Settings).
- Under Category, select a fixture category.
- Under Behavior, for Copy behavior, select a value.
- For Mapping behavior, select a value.
- If you defined Mapping behavior as Specify type mapping, specify type mapping for the fixture category.
To specify type mapping
- In the Category list, under the category name, select Type Mapping.
The Behavior list displays fixture types (for that category) that occur in the linked model.
- For each fixture type, select one of the following values:
|Value ||Description |
|Copy original type ||Fixtures in the current project will use the same type as fixtures in the linked model. |
|Don’t copy this type ||No fixtures of this type will be copied to the current project. |Warning
If you select this value, fixtures of this type will not be copied to the current project now or in the future. See Ignoring Fixtures
|<other> ||Select a type from the list. The list reflects family types that are loaded into the current project. When fixtures from the linked model are copied to the current project, they will have the specified type. |
- (Optional) To see properties of a family type in the linked model or a family type in the host model, select the desired row in the Behavior list, and click Linked Type or Host Type, respectively.
- Continue specifying a copy behavior, a mapping behavior, and type mapping for each fixture category.
- Click Save & Close.
- Copy the fixtures:
To copy fixtures individually
To copy fixtures in batch mode
When you select a copied fixture in the current project, the monitor icon displays next to the fixture, indicating that it has a relationship with the original fixture in the linked model.
If copied fixtures are moved, changed, or deleted in the linked model, you are notified of the changes when you open the current project or reload the linked model. These warnings also display in a coordination review. (See Coordination Review.)