Table of contentsNo headers
After creating mass floors, you can tag them in 2D views. The tags can include information about the area, exterior surface area, perimeter, volume, and usage for each mass floor. If you change the shape of the mass, the tags update to reflect the changes. (For information about tags, see Tags.)
Revit provides the Mass Floor Tag and M_Mass Floor Tag families. These tags reside in the Annotations folder of the Revit library. They provide information about the usage and square units per mass floor.
To display other parameter values in a mass floor tag, create your own, or use the example provided in the Training folder: Mass Floor Tag-Complex.rfa or M_Mass Floor Tag-Complex.rfa. If you use the default installation location for tutorial content, these files reside in the following location:
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\<product name and version>\Training\<Imperial or Metric>\Families\Annotations
- Windows Vista or Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\<product name and version>\Training\<Imperial or Metric>\Families\Annotations
When applying these complex tags to mass floors, you can select a family type to display the desired information, as shown.
Sample tags for mass floors
To tag mass floors
- Open a view in which you can apply tags.
You can tag elements in 2D views, including plans, sections, and elevations. You cannot tag elements in 3D views.
- Apply tags to mass floors.
See Applying a Tag by Category and Tag All Not Tagged.
NoteIf you have trouble tagging a mass floor, move the cursor over the floor and press Tab. (Pressing Tab changes the focus from the mass to the mass floor.) Then click the mass floor to tag it.
- (Optional) If the tag displays the Usage label, click the Usage text and enter a value.
When you enter usage values in tags, other areas of the project (such as element properties and mass floor schedules) update with the information.