Table of contentsNo headers
The Cut tool removes one or more selected elements from the drawing and pastes them to the clipboard. You can then use the Paste or Paste Aligned tools to paste the elements in the current drawing or in another project.
You cannot cut
- Elements that cannot be deleted, such as the last level in a building model
- Some combinations of elements (for example, you cannot cut curtain panels and mullions without cutting the entire curtain system)
- An interior elevation arrow without cutting its adjoined elevation symbol
- Certain elements in any context (for example, you cannot cut the Ref. Level in the Family Editor)
To cut and paste elements
- Select one or more elements in the drawing area.
- Click Modify | <Element> tabClipboard panel (Cut).
NoteYou can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+X to cut elements.
- Paste the elements using a tool from the Modify tabClipboard panelPaste drop-down:
- Paste from Clipboard: To place the elements in another area of the drawing, or in another project.
- An Aligned option: To place the elements to another level exactly above or below the original location of the elements.