Table of contentsNo headers
The Copy to Clipboard tool copies one or more elements to the clipboard. You can then use the Paste from Clipboard or Paste Aligned tools to paste copies of the elements in the drawing or in another project.
The Copy to Clipboard tool is different than the Copy tool. Use the Copy tool when you want to copy a selected element and place it immediately (for example, in the same view). Use the Copy to Clipboard tool, for example, when you need to switch views before placing the copies.
- Select one or more elements in the drawing area.
- Click Modify | <Element> tabClipboard panel (Copy).
- Paste the elements using either of the following tools:
You cannot copy
- An interior elevation arrow without copying its adjoined elevation symbol
- Some combinations of elements (for example, you cannot copy curtain panels and mullions without copying the entire curtain system)
- Certain elements in any context (for example, you cannot copy the Ref. Level in the Family Editor)