Table of contentsNo headers
The following alternative methods open Revit files from Windows Explorer.
- Double-click a project or family file.
- Drag a project file from Windows Explorer into Revit.
- Drag a family file from Windows Explorer into the Project Browser or drawing area of Revit to load it into the project.
- Drag a family file from Windows Explorer into anywhere other than the Project Browser or the drawing area (such as the ribbon, Quick Access toolbar, or the title bar) to open the family in the Family Editor.
- Drag multiple files from Windows Explorer into an active session of Revit. A dialog opens, asking whether you want to open dropped files in separate windows or load dropped families into the current project.
NoteIf you are editing a non-workshared file and another user attempts to open the same file, the user will be given access to the file in a read-only state.