Table of contentsNo headers
Use this procedure to add a window to any kind of wall (or to add a skylight to an in-place roof). To add a window to a curtain wall panel, you must first change the panel to a wall (see Wall Panels in Curtain Walls).
- Open a plan, elevation, section, or 3D view.
- Click Architecture tabBuild panel (Window).
- If you want to place a window type other than the one displayed in the Type Selector at the top of the Properties palette, select a different type from the drop-down.
To load additional window types from the Revit
Library, click Modify | Place Window tab
Load Family, navigate to the Windows folder, and open the desired family file. You can also download window families from the Autodesk® Seek website (http://seek.autodesk.com
- If you want to tag windows automatically as you place them, click Modify | Place Window tabTag panel Tag on Placement. Then specify the following tagging options on the Options Bar:
|If you want to… ||then… |
|change the orientation of the tag ||select Horizontal or Vertical. |
|load additional tags ||click Tags (see Loading Tag Styles). |
|include a leader line between the tag and the window ||select Leader. |
|change the default length of the leader ||enter a value in the text box to the right of the Leader check box. |
- Move the cursor over a wall to display a preview image of the window.
By default, the temporary dimensions indicate the distances from the window centerline to the centerlines of nearest perpendicular walls. To change these settings, see Temporary Dimension Settings.
- When the preview image is at the desired location on the wall, click to place the window.