Table of contentsNo headers
- Revit Architecture
- Revit Structure
The Beam tool is the primary means with which you sketch individual instances of beams.
To sketch individual beams
- Click Structure tabStructure panel Beam.
- Load a structural beam family, if one has not been previously loaded.
- On the Properties palette:
- Select a beam type from the Type Selector drop-down.
- Modify the beam parameters.
- On the Options Bar, select a value from the Structural Usage drop-down list.
- Sketch the beam by clicking the start point and endpoint in the drawing area.
The cursor snaps to other structural elements, such as the centroid of a column or the centerline of a wall, when you sketch a beam. The status bar displays where the cursor is snapping.
Beam start point - snap to column