- Revit MEP
This tool opens a separate window that displays a hierarchical list of all the components in each discipline in a project, either by systems or by zones. The System Browser is an effective tool for finding components that are not assigned to a system. You can dock the window above or below the drawing area or drag the window into the drawing area.
NoteThe System Browser can also be accessed using the keyboard shortcut F9.
Customizing the View
The options in the View bar allow you to sort and customize the display of systems in the System Browser.
- Systems: displays components by major and minor systems created for each discipline.
- Zones: displays zones and spaces. Expand each zone to display the spaces assigned to the zone.
- All Disciplines: displays components in separate folders for each discipline (mechanical, piping, and electrical). Piping includes plumbing and fire protection.
- Mechanical: displays only components for the Mechanical discipline.
- Piping: displays only components for the Piping disciplines (Piping, Plumbing, and Fire Protection).
- Electrical: displays only components for the Electrical discipline.
- AutoFit All Columns: adjusts the width of all columns to fit the text in the headings.
NoteYou can also double-click a column heading to automatically adjust the width of a column.
- Column Settings: opens the Column Settings dialog where you specify the columnar information displayed for each discipline. Expand individual categories (General, Mechanical, Piping, Electrical) as desired, and select the properties that you want to appear as column headings. You can also select columns, and click Hide or Show to select column headings that display in the table.
Displaying Systems Information
Depending on its current state, right-clicking in a table row lets you select from the following options: